Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting child support from a rich ex...?

My ex makes a 6 figure salary a year but wont pay the child support that is due to his kids. Its tricky here's why...
His base pay is approximately 50-55,000 a year, however, he makes bonus and commissions each month which equals out the rest of his salary. I only get child support directly taken out of his paycheck out of the 50,000. Its up to him to pay me the 28% from his bonus and commssions money - and of course he doesnt which means taking him to court every year! The state of Illinois says since his bonus and commissions are different each time that they cant take a fixed amount out. Right now he owes me 10,500 from 2006 and 10,000 for 2007 already.
How can I get the money that my kids deserve without all of this stress and court each year?
Can my ex's employer be told to take out a certain % since the state of Illinois will only take out of his base pay?
Any advice, suggestion or opinions would be appreciated! If I dont fight for my kids who else will?
Answers:
I think it will be difficult to get an accurate answer, even from an attorney in your area. Judges have the power to deviate from law when it fits the situation to make life "fair" for everyone.
In Virginia, my husband is required to take our tax returns from the past two years. He works a lot of overtime some years and hardly any on others, so the judge averages the past two years to avoid seeing us every year. Perhaps you can get your attorney or Child Support Services in your area to make that happen.
Good luck and remember that the children see what is happening. Let them form their own opinions about your deadbeat ex.
The only competent answer you will get is one from a member of the Illinois Bar.
talk to child support because I do not give a poo what you can and can not get to tell you the truth. get a job and share the parenting.
The only place you'll get a right answer is from the Child Support Division of your states Attorney General office.
i work 4 the csa
good luck the place is upside down even the gov
said the csa is not working
good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net