Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Give me freedom?

What degree of freedom do you feel is fair to surrender for a fair degree of security?
Answers:
None, I feel less safe when I have less liberties.
Making me less vulnerable to a perceived threat makes me more vulnerable to a known threat.
Considering I have nothing to hide, I have no issue with wiretapping or things like that. I know I won't get in trouble for anything I say or do because I respect and follow the law. So, that would not make me lose any freedoms at all.
That said, I think unless there is reasonable suspicion of someone, they should not be tapped or spied upon.
None. Then again, I have given up no freedoms.
Zero. The government would like you to think that the only way they can protect you fully is by infringing on some of your civil liberties, but that just ain't true.
0%
the society that gives up freedom for security deserves neither freedom or security.. (B Franklin) if memory serves.
None we have when down a path of no return. The government will take more and more from the people. freedom is gone you have people looking through your private thinks and we undress before all we have any and everyone knowing your address, license numbers and social security numbers and your telephone. You call that being secure Thing again. Look at all the stolen Identies
The major problem with giving up rights or freedom if you will is, the more control you give an entity over you the more control they want.
With the porkbarrel politics we have, the first 2 or 3 items on the agenda are necessary but item 3 will be, for an example, a clause that says that this can be amended at any time without further discussion. What if all of a sudden, the brain trust decided that everyone's calls should be monitored? You've just lost the right to privacy. What if the cops can kick your door in without a warrant or notice, or for what they think is suspicious activity?
While we do need some type of protection plan, don't be a scared sheep and just agree to whatever is put in front of you. Think about what this "COULD" mean in the long run.
This is how the government gets most of their policies in place. I am not anti-American or government, but those in charge have to be kept in their place too, or you have a monarchy.
From a purely legal stand I don't feel that what the government knows about me is wrong.
But if this knowledge is in the hands of some one who would use it for their own ends %26 against my best interest I oppose it.
While I have nothing to hide about my self.
I say that if the some one is going to use the government to find out more about me that they should take the legal steps to do so. The blanket collection of information on every one is not in the best interest of a free society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net