Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting Secret Security Clearance, but not Top Secret?

I am pursing a career with the Governement, and I am sure I will get Secret Security Clearance. But how important is it to get Top Secret. I am afraid that for whatever unknown reason they just decide to deny me. Obviously have nothing to hide. But I have lived in several countries. Should I worry about getting Top. Can you go far with just secret? Because I don't want to pursue a career where, there my be a dead end.
Answers:
They only investigate and approve you for the level of clearance that you need to perform your job. If your job requires a secret clearance, then that's what they process. If you later get a job that requires a top secret, they go through the same process to upgrade the clearance.
You have to have a job that requires a TS for the paper work to go in. It's the countries you lived in, not that you lived abroad that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net