Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Getting a real estate license wih a felony...?

I have a domestic violence felony that's on my record from 4 or 5 years ago and want to know if i can get my CA real estate license? I finished all of my "anger management" classes which was very interesting and i'm done with my probation. I don't have anything else on my record. I've heard it's a 50/50 chance just be honest with them. I'm set to take my real estate exam this month and wanted to know. It was an unfortunate situatuion tha happened in my past and I've learned from it. I do know now that if a women is pushing your buttons by keying your car, breaking your car windows, and being over agressive towards you, it's not ok to slap a women. Please let me know about the license thanks.
Answers:
Write to your states real estate licensing department and tell the truth.
It will make it harder because it is a felony of moral turpitude. I do not think you can here in Texas, but every state is different. I have the same problem, but my felony was possession of meth, which does not close as many doors, but it does some
In California, the answer is NO. You can try to appeal the licensing board. However, your chances are VERY slim, at best. Honesty is the best policy. You can indeed appeal. But, have a back up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net