Saturday, October 24, 2009

Extremely upset about something. First my mom died 10 days ago and dealing with all that but have a legal ques

question seeking advice on.
She had an inheritance which since she die will revert to her 6 children. My share will likely be between 2000 and 2500 dollars, but I am disabled and receive SSI and medicaid.
We are allowed to have 1500 in assets and my car is worth about 300-500.
I have lived far below the poverty line all my life due to staying home with my children. After my divorce I earned a college degree but then became disabled.
After bills, I have between $100-125 only for food, gas (no bus line), clothes and misc so I am badly struggling. My mom always helped me with car problems but now she is gone. This money would help tremendously in the event my car breaks or I have to get another one or for emergencies.
I think it will all go to medicaid. Is there anyway to keep it or even the difference between the 1500 assets and what I own which is 1200 or so or does the government get it all.
My kids who I trust will put it in their name if I pay any taxes from it.is there
Answers:
I think you are allowed some amount of money with out them taking it away , look up on their web site , I dislike S.S.I. right now becuase I have not seen a dime in five yrs so I know they are horriable to deal with . Just have your uncle give you cash pay him alittle , And dont declare it , I dont know!! But I know how little someone can live on ,,I am in the same boat ,, But no one has died and left me any money ,, I dont think your dishonest,, your just trying to live ,, do what you have to !! good luck and sorry about your loss!
I'm very sorry about your mom. Please accept my condolences.
I wish that I could help, but the issues you have here are very complicated, and they vary from state to state and even city to city sometimes. Contact a probate lawyer in your area (either in the yellow pages or call the bar association in your area and ask about a referral). I'm sure you can find one who will work for no money down, or will accept a payment plan for his or her work. You should contact someone right away to deal with all of the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net