Saturday, October 31, 2009

For people who are under 21 or people who live in the hood ONLY.?

hi, i'm currently on probation and i've just got charged with minor consumption a few weeks ago meaning consumption of alcohal by a minor. well i'm 17 and i don't know what to do, this is my first time getting charged with this, i got a ticket from the police and stuff. well my sister told me not to say anything to my parents, it's been a few weeks now and even my parents don't even know, i don't even know if my probation officer knows but he will know when i see him today.
Here is what happened, me and my godbrother and my sister and my friend went in a car and my godbrother was driving, police pulled us over and he got dwi, then my other friend got charged with having weed and minor consumption and got his car towed, then my sister got charged with minor consumption, she's 18, i got charged with minor consumption, they didn't call home 'cuz i was with my sister and she's 18. she told me not to tell my parents anything then she just left me on my own. i don't know what to say.
Answers:
I live in the "hood" but I don't have to be from there to tell you that telling the truth is the best option here. You're not even an adult, so why start out your record by lying? That's the worst possible thing you can do.
That's not being a goody goody either. Something lost on a lot of people I grew up with is personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty. Are you going down the same road as all the other ghetto pieces of trash that you grew up with, or are you going to make something of yourself?

I might sound like an adult but I'm not much older than you, in fact only a few years.
Doing the right thing isn't stupid. Try it sometime.
tell the truth! be a man and tell the truth, not a lying coward. I would not worry about going to jail in your country, western justice and western jails are so liberal and cushy, many people wish to go there.
real men tell the truth, even if its ugly.
I weep for the future.
You want answers from a specific group of people because you want to hear the wrong thing...there's no sympathy here man...you did the crime, now do the time...if you want to change your life, stay away from people who bring you down and quit lieing...the truth shall set you free...that's not bullsh*t, it's the truth...
YEAH ur 17 dont start off bad u cant go to jail the only way u could get away with out telling ur parents is if u have the money to pay for ur ticket and ur p/o wont tell ur parents and ur sister isnt setting such a great example loook boi u gotta get ur **** strait and think what u want outta like ur gonna be 18 and thats when **** gets serious
tell the truth. is that not how you were raised. lies perpetuate more lies.
Well, I'm not under 21. But I was in a situation like that when I was. So I think I qualify to answer your question. Since you have a probation officer, I'm sure you are aware that you will not be able to go to court without a parent. So whether you tell them, or your probation officer tells them, they are going to find out, and you will not be able to avoid going to court. And being a parent, I would much rather my kid tell me, rather than someone else. Plus it's only respectful to your parents that they know far ahead of time when your court date is so they can plan to take off work. I'm not telling you what to do, but this will give you some stuff to think about.
I don't fully know your situation, but I can relate.
I got in a lot of trouble myself.
My father was absentee and my mother never seemed to care, so telling them the truth would not have made any difference for me.
However, what comes next after you get through this, is more important. You'll get through this. Every new challenge gets bigger; learn to see them coming, and learn to tell the difference between the ones that will be good for you and the ones that won't.
I loved my friends, but they were never really good for me (well in some ways they were, like self esteem).
Different friends did make for a different life for me.
I never really left them totally as I do see them sometimes, but my life is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net