Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fired as apartment manager in Hawthorne, California?

I was fired from managing my apartment complex because I accepted cash from a blind man in my building so he would'nt have to be late on his rent. But when they fired me they told me I have to be out by the 1st of the month. What are my legal rights?
Answers:
Firstly, an apartment manager is not a tenant on a 30 day rental term req. 30 day move notice. Secondly, you are on employee status and if paid bi-monthly, it is by the grace of your employer that you are getting two weeks to vacate or more. This is in your CA Labor Commissioner Rules %26 Regulations which you can get a copy of for next time. Do not take this termination so personally. It is an open door to apply for a larger property where you will be appreciated as long as no ill comment is made against your present employer. He will be willing to do the same for you or it would keep you stuck there. Congrats is in order, not woes.
If you have an apt. in the same building where you were a manager and you lived in it rent free, then you would have to move. Unless you filled out an app.to go on living there. If the people who own the complex said that you cannot except cash for a rent payment from anyone,then I believe they had a right to fire you . I would seek advice from an attorney though. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net